Milestone Tragedy: another student released from burn institute  

BSS
Published On: 28 Aug 2025, 16:03 Updated On:28 Aug 2025, 17:31

DHAKA, Aug 28, 2025 (BSS) - The National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery (NIBPS) has released one more burn victim in the fighter jet crash at the Milestone School and College in the capital's Uttara.
 
Fifth-grade student of the Milestone School and College Towfiq, 13, was released from the facility this afternoon as his health condition improved, NIBPS resident surgeon Dr Shawon Bin Rahman told BSS.
 
With him, a total of 18 burn victims in the jet crash were released from the burn institute, he said. 
 
As many as 18 burn victims in the jet crash are still being treated at the burn institute and none of them is in critical condition, 16 of them are in cabins, he added.
 
Earlier on July 21, a Bangladesh Air Force fighter jet slammed into a two-storey building of the Milestone School and College in the capital's Uttara minutes after it took off around 1pm, killing 35 including the pilot, so far, the health ministry officials said.

  • Latest
  • Most Viewed
Young entrepreneur earns Tk 3 lakh monthly by hatching ducklings in incubator 
No new COVID-19 cases reported in 24 hours
BNP committed to restore people’s power: Mahdi Amin
SAFF U-17: Bangladesh play 1-1 draw with Bhutan 
Number of registered missing people surges 70% in five years: Red Cross
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
Governance, constitutional reform a must to uproot fascism: Saki
People reject politics driven by money, muscle power: Tasnim
July Uprising paved way for renewed democratic practice: speakers
ACC files graft case against 12 officials of Rupali bank, CCULB 
১০